This post is sponsored by Pure.
I’ve teamed up with Pure to celebrate the release of their new Perfect Baking dairy-free spread, which is also totally gluten free & vegan, as well as being free from any ‘nasties’ like artificial flavours or preservatives! With the Great British Bake Off in full swing, I’m in full on baking mode, and the new Pure spread is perfect for creating dairy-free bakes that taste great! The spread is now available to buy alongside the rest of the Pure range in Waitrose and on Ocado and this week is on offer for just £1! I’m always on the hunt for dairy free alternatives, and absolutely loved baking with the spread. I’ve created a delicious gluten and dairy-free lemon and elderflower cake, topped with a tangy lemon icing and edible flowers.
Scroll down for the recipe
You will need:
For the cake
175g caster sugar
175g Pure Perfect Baking
175g gluten free self-raising flour
Zest of 2 lemons
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 and 1/2 tbsp elderflower cordial
1/2 tsp baking powder
For the icing
100g icing sugar
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
1. Pre heat your oven to 180°C and grease & line a loaf tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine your caster sugar and Pure Perfect Baking using an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
3. Add your lemon zest, lemon juice and elderflower cordial and stir into the mixture.
4. Add your eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to whisk with your electric whisk.
5. Fold in your flour and baking powder.
6. Transfer the mixture to your loaf tin and bake in the oven for around 45 minutes until golden brown (you may need to cover the top of your cake for the last 10 minutes to prevent it from browning too much).
7. Remove from the oven and leave to completely cool in the tin. Once cool make your icing by combining the icing sugar and lemon juice, add 1 tbsp of lemon juice at a time until you reach your desired icing consistency.
8. Whilst the cake is still in the tin, pour over the icing and leave to set. Once set add your edible flowers and enjoy!
So there you have it, the recipe for my gluten & dairy-free lemon and elderflower cake using the new Perfect Baking spread by Pure. Let me know if you make the loaf and make sure to tag me and @purefreefrom in any social media photos if you do!