My gluten and dairy free galette recipe is filled with fresh rhubarb and strawberries and is the perfect quick and easy dessert! It’s so simple to make and only requires a handful of ingredients including the gluten free ready rolled Jus Rol pastry, which is a great alternative to making your own pastry and can be picked up in most major UK supermarkets.
Scroll down for my recipe.
You will need:
1 sheet gluten free Jus Rol pastry
200g fresh rhubarb
200g fresh strawberries
100g caster sugar
1 egg (for an egg wash, this can be substituted for a non dairy milk for a vegan options)
2. Pre heat your oven to 180°C and line a tray with baking paper.
3. Cut your Jus Rol pastry sheet into an oval shape (as below).
4. Drain any liquid off your fruit mixture and then add to the middle of the pastry, leaving a couple of inches gap around the outside.
5. Start to fold your pastry inwards, so that it covers the fruit and looks like the below photo.
6. Using an egg (or non dairy milk mixture for a vegan option) wash, brush the outside of your pastry, this will give it a golden look when it’s cooked.
7. Cook for around 30-40 minutes, covering with foil for the last 10 minutes if necessary. Serve warm and enjoy!
This dessert is perfect served with ice cream or cream, don’t forget to tag me in your social media posts if you do make it, and let me know what you think!