These soft & gooey chocolate chip cookies are gluten free & vegan, so can be enjoyed by everyone! They combine only a handful of ingredients, and can be made from start to finish in just half an hour! They have taken me a little while to perfect, and there have been plenty of kitchen disasters along the way, but I finally have the ultimate gluten & dairy free recipe for you guys!
One point to note is the success of the recipe is very much down to the dairy free chocolate you use, ensure that it’s one that’s purposely made for baking, as some of the Free From chocolate you can buy in the UK is very coconut oil based, and will melt into a liquid in the cookies. I used the Sainsbury’s Free From baking chocolate chips, but the Moo Free chocolate chips or any other dark baking chocolate would work too!
Scroll down for my recipe.
You will need:
80g light brown sugar
35g caster sugar
65g dairy free spread (I used Flora dairy free)
110g gluten free plain flour
1 tbsp soya milk (any non dairy milk would work too)
1/2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g dairy free dark chocolate chips (Ensure they are for baking purposes and not coconut oil based, I used Sainsbury’s Free From chocolate chips)
- Pre heat your oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl add your light brown sugar, caster sugar and dairy free butter and mix together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add your soya milk and continue to whisk.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder and corn four and mix well until fully combined and you have a dough like consistency (photo below).
- Stir through your chocolate chips.
6. Transfer the dough to the fridge to cook down for 10-15 minutes before baking.
7. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll into around 10-12 balls. Put the balls onto the baking tray and push down slightly (ensure they are spread out as the cookies will get bigger).
8. Cook for 10 minutes until golden brown. Take out of the oven and leave to cool down. They will still be soft when they come out of the oven but will firm up a little once cool. Enjoy!
Let me know if you end up baking these yourself & be sure to send me a photo if you do, they are definitely a hit in my household!