Hasselback potatoes are probably one of the most impressive looking and tasty potatoes I’ve tried to date – you wouldn’t think that they are ready in under an hour! I love making them as a side dish to various different meals, as they really are the perfect spruce up. With crispy edges and a soft fluffy middle, these potatoes are delicious, and can be made with just a handful of ingredients – baby potatoes, garlic infused olive oil, chives, salt and black pepper. You could also make larger versions using jacket potatoes, just make sure you cook them for longer! A completely naturally gluten and dairy free dish that is also super cheap to make. Scroll down for the recipe.
1 bag baby potatoes
Garlic infused olive oil
Handful chopped fresh chives
- Pre heat your oven to 180°C. Wash and dry your baby potatoes.
- Cut slits in the potatoes (around 1/4 inch apart), ensuring that they don’t go the whole way down, and the bottom of the potato is still intact.
- Brush your potatoes with garlic infused olive oil, making sure to brush inside the slits too.
- Spread the potatoes onto a baking tray and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Cook in the oven for around 40 minutes or until brown and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
- Sprinkle the chives on top of your cooked potatoes and serve.