Skewers are such a quick and easy meal to make, especially during the week when you don’t have too much time to cook! I’ve been loving making them with chicken, but recently experimented with salmon too, which worked really well with the cajun spice! I cooked my skewers in the oven but this would also be perfect for the BBQ, especially with the great weather we have been having recently! This recipe serves 2 people but can be adapted for however many you are cooking for, a perfect healthy and tasty meal. Scroll down for the recipe.
2 salmon fillets
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
A handful of cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp dry cajun seasoning
1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
Salt and black pepper
- Pre heat your oven to 180°C.
- Cut your raw salmon into small bite sized chunks and place into a large mixing bowl. Add your cajun spice and garlic infused olive oil and mix well, ensuring to coat all of the salmon.
- Chop your peppers into bite size pieces.
- Build up your skewers by adding salmon, peppers and tomatoes until they are all full.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook in the oven for 20 minutes, turning half way through.