Last night I was really craving something chocolatey, but with no chocolate in the house I found myself raiding the cupboards to try and find some inspiration. I decided to use cocoa powder to make a fudgey chocolate brownie cake, which only contains 5 ingredients and is a perfect summer dessert paired with some fresh strawberries and raspberries! It’s so simple to make yet absolutely delicious, as well as totally gluten and dairy free. Scroll down for the recipe.
You will need:
75g cocoa powder (make sure that it’s dairy free)
190g dairy free butter
320g golden caster sugar
110g gluten free self raising flour
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C and grease and line a round cake tin.
- Add your cocoa powder, dairy free butter and golden caster sugar to a saucepan and gently heat on the hob until it forms a chocolatey liquid mixture. Stir continuously so it doesn’t burn.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes while you beat your eggs in a separate bowl. Gradually add the beaten eggs to the chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Next, add your gluten free self raising flour to the mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into your cake tin and bake in the oven for around 40-45 minutes. You may need to cover with foil half way through to prevent the top from burning.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before cutting into slices and serving.