After watching the Stand up to Cancer Celebrity Bake Off a couple of weeks ago where they were asked to make blondies as their signature challenge, I decided to have a go at making my own gluten and dairy free version! I’ve made countless different brownies in the past but had never made a blondie, so thought it was about time I tried my own recipe. I decided to fill them with dairy free white chocolate and cranberries and they tasted delicious! You know those cakes you make that are gone within 24 hours, these were one of those! Scroll down for my white chocolate and cranberry blondie recipe, and if you do get chance to make them, don’t forget to tag me in your photos over on social media.
You will need:
130g dairy free butter (I used Vitalife)
230g tightly packed dark brown sugar
2 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
150g gluten free plain flour (I used Doves Farm)
100g dried cranberries
100g dairy free white chocolate (I used Sainsbury’s own Free From version)
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Grease and line a square baking tray and pre heat your oven to 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your flour, baking powder and salt, stir well.
- Add your dairy free butter and brown sugar to a saucepan and gently melt on the hob until fully combined. Leave for a couple of minutes to cool.
- Add your 2 eggs and vanilla extract to the liquid mixture and whisk well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir well.
- Fold in your cranberries and chopped dairy free white chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into your baking tray and bake for around 25 minutes, until the mixture is golden brown or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to completely cool, cut into squares and enjoy!
So there you have it, my delicious gluten and dairy free white chocolate and cranberry blondies which are super easy to make. If you get a chance to make them don’t forget to tag me in your photos and if you have any more recipes you would like me to recreate, leave me a comment!