I was recently sent some gluten free granola by Lizi’s and thought it would be a good idea to experiment and use it for some baking. If you haven’t already heard of Lizi’s granola, they are a company that specialise in convenient, quick and easy granola packs which contain 100% natural ingredients, no GMO’s and are also suitable for vegans. I was sent the gluten free version which is made from gluten free rolled oats. The granola is perfect served with a dairy free yoghurt or a smoothie bowl topper for breakfast but also perfect incorporated into baking sweet treats. I used it to make peanut butter and chocolate granola blondies which are gluten free and dairy free.
Scroll down for the recipe!
60g gluten free plain flour
135g smooth peanut butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt
80g brown sugar
50g melted (and cooled) coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
100g Lizi’s gluten free granola
50g dairy free chocolate chips
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees c and grease and line a rectangle baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix your eggs, peanut butter, melted coconut oil, vanilla and sugar in a large mixing bowl until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix your flour, baking powder and salt and add this to your wet ingredients.
- Add your Lizi’s granola to the mixture.
- Fold in half (25g) of the chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Spoon your mixture into the pre greased baking tray and flatten so that it’s level. Place in the oven to bake for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked, move to a wire rack and leave until completely cool.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips and drizzle this over the top.
- Make your icing and drizzle this over the top too.
- Leave the icing to set before cutting and enjoying!