One of my absolute favourite meals to make at the moment is my gluten and dairy free beef chilli. Chilli is a meal that I have grown up with as my Mum used to make it nearly every weekend. You can’t beat a Saturday night chilli with lots of cheese (dairy free of course), tortillas and a glass of wine! I have posted various photos of this meal over on my Instagram account and have been asked numerous times for the recipe so here goes!
My chilli is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soya free and contains no onions or garlic (because I find that too much of this isn’t great on the stomach)! I serve my beef chilli with a combination of rice, gluten free tortillas, smashed avocado, dairy free cheese or even hummus (this may sound strange but it goes so well!). This can be mixed up depending on what you like and how you are feeling on the day! It’s also great as a topper for nachos or in a loaded jacket potato. My recipe serves 4-5 people and will last a couple of days in the fridge or can be frozen. I normally tend to make a batch of chilli which will last us a couple of days. It’s also a perfect and easy meal if you are having friends or family round for dinner and always goes down well!
Scroll down for the recipe!
For the chilli mix:
500g lean beef mince
1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
1 small carton (390g) passata
1 gluten free beef stock cube
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tin red kidney beans
1 green pepper
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (depending on how spicy you’d like it)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
Gluten free tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Brown your mince in a large saucepan on the hob for around 10 minutes (or until it is completely cooked and no longer pink).
- Drain your mince and then put back onto the hob on a low heat.
- Add your passata and chopped tomatoes and stir well.
- Add your chilli flakes, oregano, cumin, paprika and crumbled beef stock cube and continue to stir.
- Drain your kidney beans chop your green pepper into small pieces and add this into the mix.
- Once everything is mixed together, transfer to a large oven proof dish and cook in the oven for around 45 minutes.
- 15 minutes before the chilli is ready, cook yourself some rice and prepare your smashed avocado, tortillas and any other added extras.
- Serve and enjoy!