One of my absolute favourite things to make at the moment are these delicious gluten free, dairy free and vegan peanut butter oaty bars. They are SO moreish and great for any peanut butter fan – They kind of taste like peanut butter flapjacks and are made with gluten free oats. Here’s the recipe:
-1 flax egg (Made with 1 tablespoons of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of water)
-1/2 cup peanut butter (Works with both crunchy and smooth – I prefer to use crunchy)
-1/2 cup maple syrup
-1/3 cup coconut oil (Melted and cooled)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup gluten free oats
-3/4 cup peanut flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
-1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
-1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease and line a baking tray.
- In a bowl mix together your peanut butter, maple syrup, almond milk, cooled coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together your gluten free oats, peanut flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir.
- Mix in your vegan chocolate chips.
- Pour your sticky batter into the baking tray and bake for around 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool before cutting otherwise they will break up – Enjoy!
Beware: Extremely addictive!