May 31, 2017
Chocolate orange brownies (gluten and dairy free!)
Chocolate orange is one of my favourite flavours and I love brownies so I thought I would combine the 2 and make chocolate orange brownies – Gluten and dairy free of course!
Warning – If you are on a diet then I wouldn’t recommend trying this recipe. It is probably one of my most indulgent recipes however it is absolutely delicious! Here’s how you make them:
-100g dark chocolate (dairy free!)
-120g dairy free spread
-60g ground almonds
-80g gluten free self raising flour
-80g raw cacao powder (Could also use normal cocoa powder)
-280g caster sugar
-4 medium eggs
-Finely grated zest of 1 large orange
- Grease a square baking tray and pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Melt your dark chocolate and butter on the hob until completely smooth and set aside for later.
- In a separate bowl mix your ground almonds, self raising flour, sugar and cacao and pour in your chocolate mix to form a paste.
- Whisk 4 eggs and then add them to your mixture until silky and smooth.
- Grate your orange zest into the mixture and mix well.
- Pour into your baking tray and bake for 25 minutes (Do not cook for any longer than this – They may still be gooey but this is how they should be!)
- Leave to cool and cut into squares.